Thursday, May 13, 2010

Random Thoughts Thursday - Loves and Hates

1. I LOVE how Riley is sleeping through the night!

She will go to bed 8:30PM - 9PM(ish) and sleep till 5:30AM - 6AM(ish). It is so nice and much needed for her, ma-ma, and da-da! No more cranksters in the morning... well, except for Ma-ma. I'm REALLY not a morning person. At least not until I've had my coffee.

2. Speaking of coffee, has anyone else fallen in LOVE with Dunkin Doughnuts?

They have French Vanilla and Hazelnut flavors- which don't necessarily taste different, but the smell is just amazing! Perfect for those of us cranksters in the morning!

3. I HATE tornado season.

I am a scaredy-cat when it comes to tornados. I need someone who's calm and can tell for sure when "you ought to start worrying," because I just stress out the entire time. I bet now that it's worse too, since I have Riley to protect! It's not like the newscasters help at all- Have you watched David Payne lately? He's crazy! My sister-in-law calls the station "Panic 4" for "Newschannel 4 with David Payne" and I must say it's very fitting! David can get my chest beating and blood flowing with fear in 60 seconds. I'm just SO glad that Ryan is home every night now and at least he'll be here to keep my sanity in check during severe weather!

4. I HATE allergy season

Riley and I are currently battling allergy symtoms - runny nose, watery eyes, congestion. Ughh! I am just so thankful that now I can have antihistamines, decongestants, and pain relievers without having to worry what is and isn't safe to take and whether or not my milk supply will decrease. In other words, I don't have to be miserable until my allergies/cold passes!

Still it was worth it so that Riley could get my antibodies in my milk. She is currently on antibiotics for the eye/ear infection she had last week. A few weeks ago I tried giving her on a very small amount of Triaminic nighttime to help her with her congestion, but I'm waiting till she's done with the amoxicillin before I give her any more. (The pharmacist assured me that there was NOTHING in the Triaminic that could harm her and what dosage I should use - of which I only gave her half of!) I really don't like giving her too much meds. She's so tiny and I like the minimum disruption to her system. Plus it makes her system stronger that way. I just hate to watch her fight it.

Well, I guess you have my LOVES and HATES for the day!

Hope you all have a Wonderful Thursday!

Krissy

No comments:

Post a Comment

***