Tuesday, May 18, 2010

A Productive Weekend

It seems like I've been on a sleeping kick lately. But how do sleeping and productivity go together?

Since I've weaned Riley, I've been able to have more freedoms such as more sleep, allergy meds, beer, and caffeine. And so far I'm up to two coffee mugs per day of my wonderful Dunkin Donuts Hazelnut flavor wonderful coffee. Have I mentioned that its wonderful?

I think I'm at point where enough caffeine = more productive, but also = harder to fall asleep at night = more sleep is needed the next morning.

4 AM just hasn't been very do-able the last couple of days. (At what point does 4 AM just come natural?)

Anyway, Friday I took off work and stayed home with Riley-bug. She had a really good day, and played by herself alot more than usual. I don't mean that I shut her in a room or anything. But she would choose to play by herself and didn't need me to entertain her. I like to see her get more and more independent. Less dependence on me and more time I can spend cleaning, cooking, etc.

Well, Friday I finally... FINALLY... got the garage cleaned out during her 2 hour nap. I told you... eventually... I just HAVE to organize!!
  • Put storage bins and old toys in the attic

  • Made a clothing donation to good will

  • Organized our "outdoor pantry" of Sam's Club groceries (NOTE: there is no pantry, just items on the floor!)
And ta-da! I can FINALLY fit the yukon back in the garage!

YAY!

I also went grocery shopping that day, went to the bakery and picked up some garlic bread for supper, bought vacuum bags at the Sears appliance store, made supper, and took Riley-bug for a walk. I know I played quite a bit with Riley too... somewhere in there.

Hmm.... I honestly cannot remember what I did on Saturday. No idea whatsoever. I know I did something productive though. Hmm.

Sunday I slept in till 7 AM. Although after drinking my two cups of coffee, Riley and I headed out for a nice run. It was wonderful. It had rained that morning and the smell of rain was so sweet. It was a little cooler that morning (65 degrees) and absolutely no wind. I was able to stride out and felt so comfortable. I loved it!

After that Riley and I got ready and went down to my cousin Brian's Graduation party.

I didn't get my camera out until the last minute. I know there were lots of pictures of babies.... but I don't have them on my camera! (Please send me a copy of one if you have it!)

It is so neat how many little babies are in my family right now. Our little Kilian baby-boom.

Here's pics from the party of us playing outside with Riley:





It was such a beautiful day outside. When Riley and I got home that night, we went back out for another walk. It was just too nice out to pass up!

And of course, it was still difficult to fall asleep that night. I rocked Riley to sleep for 45 min, and fell asleep myself. She's just too comfy holding her in my lap! When Ryan got back home that night from work (he was on-call), he woke me up so we could go to bed. And it was MIDNIGHT before I got back to sleep. No way in hell am I waking up at 4. HA!

Long story short, we had a great weekend, I am addicted to DD coffee, and I guess if I am MIA for a few days, you now know why!

No comments:

Post a Comment

***