Friday, May 7, 2010

Motherhood

I wanted to share something with you that I read yesterday from Big Mama's blog:


It’s confirmation that motherhood really does turn us into a person that we might have mocked before we had kids of our own.

SO true.

I was that person.

My jaw would drop at the money people would spend at Gymboree. Honestly, Walmart is just as good and sometimes more than half the price. They're just going to throw up and grow out of it in 3 months anyway. I could have cared less that your kid rolled over. I'm not a baby/kid hater by any means, I just had other things going on that seemed to be more important or pressing to me at the time. And I didn't like pink. Can you imagine that?

Well, not anymore! I love shopping for Riley's clothes. At Gymboree. Children's Place. Carters. Baby Gap. A little too much perhaps. And I love her in pink. Absolutely love. It makes me smile. :-)

And I am reminded of Riley's first time rolling over when I hear of someone else's little one's big accomplishment! Her first smile, first laugh, and her first tooth will remain forever engraved in my heart and mind.

It is crazy, the way having kids changes you!

It is BY FAR the BEST thing ever!



No comments:

Post a Comment

***