Friday, May 7, 2010

Happy Mother's Day

I love my Mom so much! My mom always bent over backwards for me and my sisters. She put forth the extra effort to make us great meals, always give us attention, and help when we needed it.

I hope Riley can say the same things about me some day.

A year ago, I remember getting a card wishing me a Happy Mother-to-be's Day and wondering what kind of Mom I would be. I knew I'd try my absolute hardest. There would be nothing that was not worth the effort when it came to her.

And because I work full-time, I don't always get to cook or clean as much as I'd like, and have lots of other faults as a Mom, yet I know Riley is happy and healthy. That's what matters most.

It will be my first Mother's Day on Sunday. It is so weird to think back a year ago, with Riley in my belly and only hopes and dreams (and worries!) of parenthood. It has been a tremendous but amazing year.

Before I go, I wanted to share a poem I received in an email from a friend at work...

God could not be every place
With loving hands to help erase
The teardrops from each baby’s face,
And so he thought of mother.

He could not send us here alone
And leave us to a fate unknown;
Without providing for His own,
The outstretched arms of mother.

God could not watch us night and day
And kneel beside our crib to pray,
Or kiss our little aches away;
And so He sent us mother.

And when our childhood days began,
He simply could not take command.
That’s why He placed our tiny hand
Securely into mother’s.

The days of youth slipped quickly by,
Life’s sun rose higher in the sky,
Full grown were we, yet ever nigh
To love us still, was mother.

And when life’s span of years shall end,
I know that God will gladly send,
To welcome home her child again,
That ever-faithful mother.

- George W. Wiseman

*** Happy Mother's Day to all the wonderful Moms out there! ***

By the way- My darling husband Ryan did get me a PINK iPOD Nano, complete with a sport band for jogging and a $50 iTunes gift card for Mother's Day! :) Woo Hoo! Can't wait to go jogging and use it!


No comments:

Post a Comment

***