Thursday, April 15, 2010

Riley's First Easter

As a little girl, I can remember waking up early Easter Sunday, putting on a handmade, intricately detailed little dress (courtesy of my Grandma Janet), having my hair curled...
Note that I had a bowl cut as a young girl and this included the foot tall bangs and a bottle of hairspray. Oh, the 80's...

I wish I had a picture to share of this. Maybe I can convince my darling mother to scan one and send it to me.... hint hint!

The point is, Mom would get my two sisters and I all get dressed up and along with my Dad, head off to church- wind, rain, or shine.

EVERY. SINGLE. Sunday.

Yep, you guessed it... we're Catholics.

At the time, if you'd asked me of my thoughts regarding this routine, I probably wouldn't have the most postive remarks about it, but I imagine most little girls have seemingly WAY better things on their minds... like books to read, people to play with, and jumping on trampolines...

I'm getting way off topic, aren't I? Easter.... Easter...

I do have a point.

I promise!!!

What I do like about that old routine is this: I got to do it a few weeks ago with my little girl.

We woke up at what seemed like the crack of dawn, for a Sunday anyway, put one her store bought, BUT painstakingly selected... lol! Easter dress, complete with a flower bow and headband, and headed to Easter Sunday mass in my hometown.


My Two Sweethearts



After mass is another wonderful tradition... the Easter Egg Hunt! This was Riley's first, and she loved it!

Grandma and her found lots of little eggs!


And of course, Riley thought they were GREAT to chew on!
(Or try to chew on!)



And check this out - The next generation of Easter Sunday cuties...

My cousin Amanda and her son Jake, Riley and I, and my cousin Angela and her daughter Caylee


After the hunt, we all went to the Church Hall and had the Kilian Family Feast...
Aunt NiNi and Riley!



The Three of Us- Krissy, Riley, and Ryan



My Sister's Family: Annie, Jake, Jonathan, and Jacob



I guess what I'm trying to say is... Thank you.

Thank you Mom and Dad for dragging us to church every Sunday, and especially on Easter Sunday.

You have raised all of us to be good Christians and to love Jesus.

And we all looked darling in our Easter dresses. Well, to that I thank Grandma Janet- I cannot wait until Riley is big enough to begin wearing some of the dresses I used to wear!

Hope everyone had a wonderful Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment

***