Monday, April 26, 2010

I'm Giving Up

It's only 10:45 AM, and I'm giving up on the day.

I'm done. Finished. Good bye. Adios Amigos.

Why? I just went to a meeting (that I scheduled) a day early.

I sat in the meeting room by myself, and wondered... where is everyone?

Finally, a coworker I called and invited at the last minute showed up.

Great! I'm not alone anymore at least.

So we sat another 5 minutes. Alone. Shooting the breeze about our breezy weekends. (No seriously, it was really windy last weekend!)

Finally, I ask, "Are we in the wrong room?"

He isn't sure either, so I get on the computer and check my calendar.

"Oh Crap," I said.

"The meeting's tomorrow. I am SO sorry!"

And I begin apologizing profusely, making excuses, and feeling utterly embarrassed. And all of this is in front of a man who probably already thinks I'm a complete idiot. And now I’ve just confirmed that.

Welcome to Monday. It has been one heck of a day so far.

I had a slow leak in one of my tires on my Yukon, so I called the tire repair place here in town to see if they had time this morning to fix it. Because I was instructed this morning to do so. Yes Sir.

They had time to do it right now. So I glanced at my calendar. OK, no meetings till 10:30 AM, and it’s currently 9:40 AM. Better go NOW.

I find a seat next to a woman who feels the need to DUMP. Dump all of her problems, that is. On me, the seemingly perfect stranger, ready and willing to listen. No wonder the seat was open.

After what seemed like an eternity of nodding, assuring her that everything would be okay, my tire is repaired, and I rush back to the office. It’s 10:20AM. Great, I’m not late!

And you know how the story ends… Embarrassment. Shame.

I guess I should allow myself a few blonde moments. I’m female, have blonde hair (or blonde-brown), and am a working mom/engineer. The odds are against me, I should expect these kind of things.

And therefore, reside to the fact that I’m a complete idiot.

Seriously, I know I was bad before I had a baby, but now I feel like I’m running around like a chicken with their head cut off sometimes.

Please forgive me. Please don’t think I’m a complete dingbat.

And if you do, then I apologize in advance for the next goofy thing I do.

Because it will only be 10 minutes before it happens again. I assure you it will. It’s been scientifically proven. And being the engineer, I have the data to support it. (It’s in Excel.)

Anyway, hope everyone else had a better morning!

And by the way, Welcome Baby Averie! Born 4/26/10 @ 7:14 AM, 6 lbs, 8oz, and 18 in long! Can’t wait to meet you sweetie! Congrats Katie! You're officially a Mommy!! :-) (And welcome to the Dingbat Club, we meet every Monday... I mean Tuesday)

No comments:

Post a Comment

***