Monday, April 19, 2010

A Newfound Freedom



The last few weeks, I've discovered a newfound freedom in my life.

For the last 9 months, two weeks, and 12.21557 hours (ha!), I was the sole source of nourishment for my baby. (Except for solids, of course)

And it has been a TOUGH 9 months and two weeks. (and 12.21557 hours...)

Through colds and late nights and long days with my breastpump..... SO much time was spent with my breastpump!

Dressing Rooms...

Even Black Friday Shopping....

No more!

I feel liberated already.

I did it because I had a daily quota that HAD TO BE MET. (Riley stays at the babysitter's while I'm at work.)

I would wake up early and stay up late- only to get a few extra ounces for my little bundle of joy.

I'll admit that I had the best resources available - everything Medela and the flexibility at work to go and pump 3 times a day. I know not everyone has a flexible schedule and for that, I am thankful!

It definitely could have been worse! Dear God!

And I'd do it all over again.

For her, I would!

But now, I am slowly weaning her, cutting out one feeding each week, and I'm down to one feeding per day now. She's taking to formula very well.

I will miss the closeness with her.

So much.

And I will miss my boobs.

SOOOOO much!

PW (the Pioneer Woman) described her experience with breastfeeding so well here:

"It’s just that the emotions of breastfeeding run so, so deep. It can be simultaneously wonderful and suffocating. Beautiful and challenging. Miraculous and stifling.

You never, ever forget."

So true.

No comments:

Post a Comment

***