Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Come One, Come All!

It was a full house at the Skaggs' last Friday and Saturday! Thanks to the help of family and friends, we now have a new roof over our heads! With a little food and free beer, we were able to round up some good help! My cousin, Matt, does roofing on the side, so he came out and helped us so we would get it done right!


It was beautiful weather, about 80 degrees or so and light wind. The *manly men* sure worked long and hard! My Uncle Kent worked his tail off, and still managed to smile for the camera!


On Friday, they stripped the roof, laid down new paper, and even got started on installing the new shingles. I believe they worked from 7:30 AM to 8:30 PM that day. I think Ryan said it well when he crashed on the bed and said, "I just don't want to move..." My dad was pretty wore out the next day also.



They finished it all the next day around 4:30 PM. They really did a great job too!



The food was fantastic. On Friday we ordered pizzas and grilled hamburgers. But, on Saturday, we had spiral cut ham, company potatoes, green beans, macaroni salad, pasta salad, french bread, cherry cobbler, angel food cake and strawberries, brownies, lemon bars, rice krispies..... yummm!! It was quite a feast! Thanks to all the ladies who brought dishes to help feed everyone!

Of course, while the men were working, the women were.... SHOPPING! Okay, *I* was shopping! As a "good job" present to myself for carrying Riley for 9 months and having a natural birth (my attempt to justify my purchases), I got 6 new tops, 3 pairs of shoes, a necklace and bracelet, and a pair of jeans! Needless to say I will not be buying clothes again for a while! Until it gets cold anyway.... ha!

I also got a few things for Miss Riley. I have seen these caps everywhere on little girls, and thought they were the most darling caps!! I had to have one! Isn't she adorable?

I also got her a few more sleep 'n play outfits that were 6 months and 9 months sizes. They are so handy because I can let her sleep in them all night and then just put her in her car seat and drop her off at Tammy's and not have to change her in the morning before I leave the house! If only they didn't have so MANY SNAPS!

While they were helping us with the new roof, my mom and dad stayed with us at Casa de Skaggs. Riley loved the attention from both Grandpa and Grandma.





On Sunday, we loaded up in Daddy's truck and headed to Medford to dump the shingles and go to my cousin Amanda's baby shower. I duded up in my new clothes, put Riley in a cute jumper and headband, packed up all her stuff and off we go! A 3/4 ton pickup pulling a loaded down trailer is sure a bumpy ride! Riley still slept through most of it though!



We arrived at the shower a little late, but got to see Amanda open most of her presents. She got a lot of nice things! Our family always gives us nice showers and are so helpful! She is doing so well with her pregnancy- still running 5 miles/day! As you can tell, she looks great!


And as always, Grandma and Grandpa had fun showing off their little baby granddaughter!



No comments:

Post a Comment

***