Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Making PT Improvements

Riley has been getting better and better each week with her stretches. She's now turning and looking to the right on her own, both while on her back, sitting upright, and when she's lifting up off her tummy. I think the knot in her neck is also slowing dissolving. It just feels smaller and not so hard.

Today, Great-Granna took Riley to PT for me, and Cadance, Riley's physical therapist, was so impressed! She thinks that Riley has made enough progress that we only have to meet once a week now! We still have to keep up the routine and stretch frequently, but apparently, we're doing something right! Good thing, because we DON'T want Riley to undergo surgery!

Now, we're just trying to work out the flat spots in her head....

I've ordered some new pillows that are supposed to be good for positioning babies with torticollis and resulting plagiocephaly. It's called the "Infant Head Bed."


I have found that placing her on a contoured memory foam pillow during naps helps hold her head in the right position, but I need a better solution for sleeping at night, since I won't be able to check on her to make sure she doesn't roll off of it! Anyway, we're going to give these a try and see if they help!

1 comment:

  1. Krissy, I bought a memory foam head and body positioner when Blake was little at Babies-r-us. I used it with Natalie too. She favored one side of her head and it started getting flat, so I had to position her to correct it. It had repositionable wedges attached so I could even lay her on her side and keep her there. Maybe check out babies-r-us. Good to hear things are getting better. You are doing a great job working with her! Take care!

    ReplyDelete

***