Monday, September 14, 2009

Labor Day Weekend!

It has been over a week since my last post and yes, I am having blogging withdrawals! Much has happened in the last 1 1/2 weeks! I'll start with Labor Day weekend. Ryan was unfortunately still working in Wyoming, so Riley and I went to the lake and visited "Pa and Grammie," a.k.a. my mom and dad. My Uncle Gary, his daughter Kelsey and her husband Kyle, and my Uncle Kent and Aunt Teresa were all there as well. We always have a great time at the lake. Whether we go out on the water or just hang out, as long as there's family and friends (and maybe some beer!), you will always have a good time.

I tried sleeping by myself in our camper with Riley this time. I'm not the biggest fan of air matresses, and I wanted to sleep on an actual bed, so here was our setup! It was sort of weird to have a pack and play in the middle of the camper.... very different from the 30 packs that used to sit there!


We got there Friday evening, stayed the night in the camper with no problems :-), and Saturday morning, Grammie and I went to Ponca City to go to Walmart and I got a pedicure. I always have such a good time with my mom. She is just great with Riley and puts up with me too!

When we got back, Pa and Grammie headed out to the lake. Riley and I stayed behind, just walking around the shed and playing in her bouncy chair. She just loved looking up at all the trees and new surroundings!



Later that evening, everyone returned from a * hard day * at the lake, dehydrated and hungry! We made some BBQ chicken breast, grilled potatoes, and green beans. Riley just loved all of the attention! Here she is with my cousin Kelsey!


Here she is again with our friend Cory!
One new thing Riley just LOVES is to stick her whole fist into her mouth! She has finally found her hand and fingers and doesn't know how she ever got by without them!
We're a pretty rowdy group. A little fun never hurt anyone, right? Here's my cousin Kelsey getting some water jug margaritas, courtesy of her loving daddy!


Even though we were all being pretty loud, Riley fell asleep in my arms and I knew it was time to go to bed for the night!

1 comment:

***