Monday, September 28, 2009

Perry Parade and Cowgirl Cutie





I just love small town parades; the floats, the marching bands, the shriners driving around the miniature cars, old farmers driving the antique tractors, and the little kids running to get candy in the streets.


I remember the Medford parades, there were usually two each year, both at Homecoming and the fall festival, Medford’s "Fun Fest." This was Riley’s very first parade, and of course she won't remember it, but I still think she had a good time! She definitely was stimulated by the marching bands, I had to run into the dollar general store twice to change her diaper!


I loved watching my two nieces, they are so cute and remind me of how excited I used to be. Libby is just "in the moment" in this video, shaking her leg to the beat of the marching band!

Kinsey twirled in the parade, and she did a great job! She looked just adorable in her uniform!
I was so disappointed that I didn’t get an action shot, there was a lady by her that kept getting in the way and by the time she moved, they were already past us! She is such a good cousin to Riley, always playing with her and giving her lots of love!


After the parade, and after the street sweeper picked up the horse poop, (thank goodness!) we walked over to the area where all of the food vendors were set up.
They had such good food there, Indian tacos, brats, corn on-the-cob, and roasted pecans! I got a corn on the cob, hot off the grill! It was so good! They just pulled back the husk, wrapped a paper towel around the bottom, dipped it in butter, and handed it to you! YUM. It doesn’t get any better than that.

We walked around and visited the booths, I bought a few headbands, and the kids jumped on some of the large blow-up play areas.

Pretty fun day.

It wasn’t too long that Riley and I were both hungry again, so I headed back home so I could have a nice, clean place to feed her. The one thing about breastfeeding that I would change is being able to feed her anytime, anyplace. I know I can breastfeed in public, but when the public you’re in is hot, sticky, and FULL of people, it just isn’t very convenient and worth the hassle. Trust me, it’s not as easy as it sounds.

When we got back home, I fed her, she fell asleep, and wouldn't you know it, I got motivated to make some bows. I really wanted to make her an OSU bow to go with her uniform. I was pretty happy with how it turned out!!

What a cutie!

Pa and Grammie came by to visit us later that afternoon. Riley just loves being with them, they give her so much love and attention!










No comments:

Post a Comment

***