Saturday, February 20, 2010

The Never-ending Project

My hubby, Ryan, always does his best to keeps things in order around the house, especially when it comes to honey do's. (Although sometimes tending to the moo-cows takes precendence, but then again, I don't want any of the calves dropping dead either!)

The first task was to repair our leaky roof. He checked that item off the list last summer. Next was to repair the water spots on the interior of our house. He finally carved a week out of his schedule, bought the necessary supplies, and after watching a few DIY videos on Youtube, was ready to hit the ground running!


The only thing was, I HAD. NO. IDEA. he was going to start. And so, one day, out of the blue, this is what I came home to...








And inside...



My first reaction upon opening the garage door was "Riley, your father's lost his mind..." Since I had no idea why all of my furniture was now moved to the garage. Is he MOVING me out? What the ******?

To my surprise... and relief... I entered my house and found my darling husband sweeping the floor with the shopvac, and singing along to the radio that was playing something rock 'n roll. Whew! Good one honey...

He had been scraping off all of the "popcorn" (or cottage cheese as I call it) texture off of the ceiling. After a couple of day and several hundred dollars later, I had a nice non-cottage cheese textured ceiling which I LOVE!

So, when it was all done, and we were talking about moving back in... Ryan asks, "So, while everything is moved out, why don't we just go ahead and do the bathroom and carpet in her. I never realized it, but it sure looks bad."

And the skys parted and angels were singing....

Um, let me think here for a second, I get to go and pick out tile AND carpet? Yes, DING DING DING I think we have a winner...So I said "YES!"

And then comes the fun part. After about a week or so I had made up my mind. What do you think?




And the NEXT project began...


The DEMO!















Getting some tile up now...






...AND OUR NEW BATHROOM!















I just LOVE it! SOOOO Much better than the boring, ugly, hard to clean WHITE 4" tiles that used to be there. I honestly can't wait to use it! It is complete except for the new shower head fixture we picked out, which Ryan will install for me when he gets home. And the carpet guys are going to install the new carpet the first of next week. And THEN this project can be officially marked off of the list.

Except one thing...

"What about carpet in the rest of the house?"

No comments:

Post a Comment

***