Saturday, February 20, 2010

Riley Kate is 8 Months Old!

This last month has FLOWN by, and though the blog hasn't kept you informed very well, (sorry!) she really has changed and grown so much!

Her hair is coming in more now, and stands straight up in the back, where the hairs are just a little shorter than the ones in the front. Mommy puts cute little bows in her hair nearly every day.

She has had lots of bumps and bruises on her forehead, but is FINALLY (and I mean that finally my heart doesn't skip a beat every time she thinks about letting go) learning how to get down when she has pulled herself up. While the bumps and bruises are far away from her heart, it still hurts mommy's heart to watch her fall! But, she has learned how to prevent the falls now! :-)

Speaking of falls... and this is something I really do not want to disclose, but I will...


Riley woke up early this morning, as usual, and since this is the weekend, Mommy wasn't ready to get up for the day, so I took Riley to lay down in our bed.... a common occurance early in the morning. I woke up.... frantically... to a thud and a loud cry.

Yes... she had been lying down on my tummy, we'd both fallen asleep, and she must've lifted up to change positions and leaned a bit to far.... I picked her up, she cried for about a minute.

At this point I'm thinking... did she break a bone, did this shake up her head too much? Logically, I know babies are very pliable creatures, and they have extra fluid in their brain to prevent damange from sudden jerks. Not that this makes it okay though... She quits crying... I'm still holding her like if I loosen my hold I might drop her again...

I take her into the living room and the first thing she sees is this activity table that Aunt Amber gave us a few weeks ago. Upon seeing it, she immediately pushes away from me to the floor so she can crawl over to the table. She pulls herself up, and starts playing...

I'm in shock. How could she already be playing after such a long fall for such a little body? She was fine the rest of the day... thank God!

Anyway, this is just to share in case this happens to anyone else. Don't feel bad... just learn (LIKE I DID!) and either put pillows up so she can't roll off or don't bring her to bed with you at all.

Ahhh... glad that's over with. I'm trying to not let it get to me... but it's hard not to.

On a more positive note, watch this next video to see Riley's new milestone achievement!!!




Riley loves for you to hold her hands and let her walk... "like a big girl!" So, I got the idea today to let her try to pull up on the little walker and see how'd she do. I didn't think she'd take off quite like she did though! She just started cruising... I did the whole "OMG Ryan, LOOK-- She's WALKING!!!" mom-scream! lol!

It was pretty neat though!

Riley and I have been taking trips to Kansas every other week when Daddy is at work. We get to visit Grammie and Pop that way too! And while playing in the hotel is fun for Riley, (Mommy and Daddy NEVER leave the room!) it is not exactly baby proof and definitely not clean enough, so Riley spends lots of time on the bed... and when I just can't watch her... such as when I have to go to the bathroom... she's in here:


Thank God for Pack 'n Plays!

While Riley and I are away from home, and when Ryan is at work during the day, what do we do? Hmmm.... let's see, I think we'll go SHOPPING!

Here's some of Riley's new summer apparel! I am so ready for warm weather and for Riley's new outfits!





And the CUTEST sandals.... EVER. They are called MooShoo Trainers. And they squeak when she walks.



O.M.G. I Love Them! :-)

Riley has definitely been a blessing in our lives. Sometimes she can drive Ryan and I crazy, but I just remind myself that this is the fun part and to not take her for granted. And it is fun... sooo much fun!

Love you all,

Krissy

No comments:

Post a Comment

***