Friday, December 4, 2009

Having a Krissy Moment...

I know we've all had one from time to time. Blonde moments, brain farts, whatever you want to call them.

I thought this would be a good addition to the blog, especially with all the new parenting scenarios I could share!

I also will try to include tips/tricks I've learned... so maybe you won't make the same mistake I did! :-)

Anway...

So, right about the time I started back to work after maternity leave, Riley started sleeping through the night, 5-7 hours at a time. Which was WONDERFUL. Until... (please excuse my French!) damn Daylight Savings Time! I have tried everything to get her to sleep until 4 AM, but her little internal clock is set at 3 AM! Staying up late, eating more before bed, soothing baths, putting her in the swing at night.... nope, 3 AM.

So, after fighting this issue, oversleeping and walking into work late many, many times, I finally had my "Krissy moment."

Hmmm...Why don't I just go to bed an hour earlier and wake up with her?
Now, this means I put her to bed an hour early and risk her waking up early as well. But if I'm right, then I get 6 hours of sleep.

I wish I would've tried this a month ago.

She woke up at 3 AM sharp.

So there you go. If you can't beat 'em, join 'em!

No comments:

Post a Comment

***