Saturday, October 10, 2009

And The Little One Said, "Roll Over!"


"...there were ten in the bed and the little one said, 'Roll Over!' So, they all rolled over and one fell off, there were nine in the bed and the little one said, 'Roll Over!'"

This was a song that we sang in music class when I was in grade school. I had one of the best music teachers growing up. She was so much fun. Her name was Ms. Payne. While singing this song, we'd all actually lay down on the floor next to eachother and roll while singing. Imagine almost 2 dozen little kids rolling around on the floor in unison... we just loved it!

Anyway, today I was reminded of this song when Riley rolled over for the first time! :-) She was been twisting and turning a lot more now, but hasn't been able to complete the turn until now!

I was watching TV and happened to lay her in her boppy pillow for a minute. I looked at her and thought, "Now I had better move the coffee table over a little bit, just in case she rolls off of that..." Thank goodness I did! I turned back and was watching my show and out of the corner of my eye, she tumbles off the pillow, lands on her tummy, and begins to do a push up! It didn't even phase her!


Granted, she had a little help from being on her boppy pillow that has a slight slope. But, it still counts as her first trip up and over on her own!



No comments:

Post a Comment

***