Saturday, August 22, 2009

Back to Work...

My dreaded first day back to work since I had Riley was on Friday. Here's a recap of the night before and how it went the first day...

I had fed her the night before one last time around 10 PM to "top her off" and hope for the best. She woke up about 1:30 AM - hungry. And again at 3:30 AM - hungry. By the time she was asleep again, it was only 30 minutes or so till my alarm would go off, so I just got up anyway.

I "got ready for the prom" in 30 minutes. Then loaded up the car with the her stretching instructions, a "Riley Cheat Sheet" that I made for Tammy, extra bottles, and most importantly, her milk!

It's 5 AM now. Going to wake Riley up to eat again, then try to get out the door as soon as possible. But, Riley doesn't want to wake up. I ate some cereal with soy milk *YUM* to pass the time. I was hungry anyway. Afterwards, I finally am able to wake her up to eat. She takes her sweet time... no big deal. We leave right about 6 AM. Perfect.

I dropped her off at Tammy's with 15 minutes to spare to get to work. Then comes the part I've been dreading... the goodbye! I told Tammy I had to leave fast, otherwise I'll be staying there with her all day! I gave Riley some kisses and then headed for the door...

My day was good. Archived emails, listened to phone messages, learned what I would be working on next, and of course, updated my desktop with a picture of Riley! After catching up on all DW news, my boss, Ed, said "let's call it a day." Sounded good to me... it was only noon!!

So, I went to Tammy's to pick up Riley. She's just content as ever. Even ate on her same schedule... every 3 hours. Just perfect. Tammy worked with her on her stretches, positioned her head with the pillows while she slept, gave her tummy time... Made me feel a lot better about leaving her with someone who will take the time to work with her!

I think it will all work out if I can just get her to bed early enough and get me some zzzzz's!

No comments:

Post a Comment

***