Monday, June 7, 2010

Memorial Day Weekend 2010

June is here!

Every weekend is filled with activities... and summer has *officially* begun!

To kick it all off we had a long weekend at the lake on Memorial Day Weekend!

This year was especially special... lol... for us as it was Riley's first time on the water! And I soooo wanted her to have fun out there as I planned to spend lots and lots of time at the lake as I did when I was young.

We went out on the water on Saturday and Sunday.

The weather was perfect, the water was warm (for Memorial Day anyway!), and we had lots of fun! I know Riley didn't care too much for her life jacket, but she had to wear it, cause that's the way things go little one! You sure looked cute though!

Riley's first time in the water!

You (Riley) must've thought the water was a little chilly.
Were you expecting it to be as warm as bath water?


That or you still don't like your life jacket. Sorry, Mommy thought it was cute...

It's okay... we're back on the boat again!


Let's try it again...

Yep, I could get used to this!

Splashing the water!


Splashing Mommy!

You won't even let Mommy wear sunglasses!


I love this face... it looks like you're saying "...and I HAVE to put up with these people!"

Being a lake bum sure tires out a little girl! I know I spent lots and lots of time in this spot when I was little! BTW- the towels are wet and are keeping her cool!

We have so much fun at the lake.... holiday weekends are even better though, since lots of family comes out and joins us in the fun!

We have big dinners, and oh my, the food is SO good, especially after a long day on the water!

There was so much for Riley to explore at the shed... she must've walked MILES around the lot.
For some reason... you HAD to carry the remote the ENTIRE time!
Goofy Girl!


I got tired just watching...


Hey, want a remote?



Meet.... Super Grammie!
She has awesome powers to keep up with a 11 month old all day long!

Riley finally wore out and rested on Daddy's lap for a bit...




But not for long!


More exploring the next day...

With a walking stick! :)




We also went to the other shed that Grammie & Pop are building in Kaw City to check on the construction progress. They are very close to finishing it all up and it looks so good!

Front Porch


Front Porch Views



Front Porch Windows/Loft



Kitchen

Island


Living Area Fireplace


Master Bedroom


Downstairs Bathroom



Overhead Doors/Shop



Back of Fireplace


8 Camper Hookups!


Drive
It is going to be so nice! I can't wait until it's finished and to spend more time out there with Riley-bug and my family!
Hope everyone had a good Memorial Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

***