Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Birthday Week

It has been a somewhat rough week so far for us.

Riley started have congestion around last Friday, and it only seemed to get worse as the weekend went on.

She was downright UPSET on Sunday... even a bath wouldn't put her in a happy mood.

Poor thing. :-(

So on Monday morning, I scheduled her an appt. with the pediatrician.

Yep, her right ear again.

A shot of rochephin, and back to the sitters we go.

Aunt Amber picked her up from Tammy's after work for us so she could play with her cousins that evening. We came to pick her up that evening around 8 or so.... and was a changed baby! Apparently she had so much fun, she hardly ate all evening! This has *never* happened with us before... we are NOT that fun of parents! LOL

She slept GREAT that night. Her prescription of Robitussin didn't hurt matters, of course.

Then last night (on Tuesday), I took her back for a follow up on her ear infection. It looked better, but she still go one more shot of rocephin due to her history of trouble with the darned things. And especially since her birthday is on Saturday, and God help me, if I can prevent an episode of "It's my birthday and I'll cry if I want to," then by golly, I willl!

She also got her 12 month checkup done. Iron and hemoglobin levels were great. Getting blood for those tests, not so great.

The nurse had to hold out her arm, prick her finger, and SQUEEZE drops out of her.... all while she is, of course, SCREAMING.

The shots don't bug me.

That bugged me.

I don't ever want to do it again.

Glad it's over with!

(and please don't tell me they check this every time from now on!)

We got home, ate supper, & played with a happy girl!




Daddy & I watched our two new reality tv shows favs....

The Last American Cowboy and Top Shot

We are HOOKED!

I reaaaaallllly hope we have a better weekend than we first started out with. The weather forecast is definitely sunny, so maybe it will all turn out!!

I can't wait!



No comments:

Post a Comment

***