Sunday, January 3, 2010

Riley's 1st Christmas!

It has been a very exciting, on-the-go past couple of weeks for us!

Daddy has been home since the third week of December, but we've hardly spent a quarter of that time here at home! We've been to Medford, Lamont, Derby, Enid, and Morrison!

And thank goodness Daddy has been home!

I cannot begin to express how nice it has been to have Ryan home! I finally feel like I might be *about* to catch up on things! He's made dinners, done dishes, watched Riley, and basically done most anything I've asked of him! O.M.G. I have a great husband! :-) Thank you!! I will SO miss you next week!!

Riley has really began to bond with Ryan. Before, when he was on the 8-on, 6-off schedule, she would get used to him for the 6 days he was home, but it was hard for her the 8 days he was gone. She still favors her Momma (going through the *Mommy's girl* phase right now) but she was really gotten used to Ryan's face and voice. And I think this time, it may be enough to hold her over the 4 days he'll be gone now :-)

Riley has changed so much lately.

She had her 6 month checkup on December 21st, and was in the 50th percentile for all her measurements: 25.75 in tall and weighed 16.04 lbs.

Her favorite things right now are TV remotes and cell phones. She goes absolutely N.U.T.S. over them! But it is great motivation for her to fine-tune her scooting, which will soon be crawling! She is SO CLOSE!

She loves eating her big girl food! Butternut squash, carrots, sweet potatoes, zucchini, avacados, bananas, and blueberries have been added to her daily diet.

She also has discovered the limits of her vocal chords... and I'd have to say its sometimes more than I can take. You know, that high-pitched, blood curtling, glass breaking scream. So watch out if she gets fussy, and be sure to have your ear plugs handy!!

On a more positive note, :-) she is quite the sitting duck now, which came in handy for opening Christmas presents!

It was so fun to watch her open her first Christmas presents! She sure had a bunch of them! Of course, she had 3 Christmases- the Kilian Family Christmas, Christmas at Grandma & Grandpa Skaggs, and Christmas at Pop & Grammie Kilian's.

We drove to Enid and spent New Year's Eve at Ryan's friend Chris' house. Chris and his wife, Candance had a fish fry, as well as fried squash and fried mushrooms. It was SOOO good! We had a lot of fun, though we still didn't stay up till midnight... Happy 2010 though!

Yesterday was a hard day. It was the anniversary of my Grandpa's passing. I wish he could've been here with Riley. I would've loved to see the two of them play together. I love and miss you so much Grandpa.

Well, it's back to work tomorrow. Ughh! I guess I should be thankful I didn't have to work this past week. But, Christmas break is over, and it's back to the real world now.

I'm still holding out on the pictures... I hope to get them all up this week!

Hope everyone had fun and safe holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment

***