Thursday, January 21, 2010

Riley is 7 Months Old!

This was a draft I had written one day at work but never got it posted since I was unable to load the pictures! I believe the date was 1/21/10... just after she turned 7 months on the 20th. So... nearly a month later... here it is! Better late than never... Right???

Riley turned 7 months old on Wednesday!

Twice I was told, "...before you know it, she'll be having a birthday!" And both times, I absolutely gasp. How can my little baby already be this old?! This is overused I'm sure but, it REALLY does seem like I just brought her home from the hospital!



I guess I've been so caught up in being a Mom (well, trying!) and managing (well, trying!!) the rest of my life that time has slipped by! And why does her turning 7 months bother me, but when she turned 6 months I was fine? I must've just been having another Krissy moment....

I guess it's the fact that she's more than halfway to her first birthday now.

Anyway, I'll (try to!) exercise a little self control now and stop obsessing over how old she is. Nothing I can do about it anyway! I love every second of every minute of every hour of every day with her!

She has become quite proficient in army crawling. Power cords, decorations, steps, and anything else she wants to grab or get past is no match to her! She is a determined little girl! And fearless too!



The following is a bit more from today...

Riley's Wrap Up:

  • I took her to the doctor's since she was sick about a week ago. She had two ear infections and weighed 16 lbs 10 oz. This is our second battle with ear infections. Thank goodness a shot of antibiotics kicked it in the butt the next day!
  • She is wearing size 3 diapers now, and on average, has two 1-2 hour long naps and one short catnap ever day.
  • She still has about 3 oz breastmilk plus 2 "cubes" of homemade baby food every 3-4 hours, but now also eats small bite-size finger foods. They look like the little cereal puffs and cheetos!
  • She has also recently learned how to pull herself up from lying down to sitting up to standing!
  • She loves for you to hold her hands and walk with her. The Robeez shoes that Grandma Maxie bought her are perfect for her! They give her just the right amount of stiffness/stability... it helps since shoes don't slip as easily as socks do.
  • Her favorite toys are magnets, blocks, anything slippery/soft/cold on her gums, and of course, cell phones and T.V. remotes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

***